Monday, May 16, 2011

Has life ever hit you with a major blow?

I have had My share of knock downs in my life. The one thing I have learned is that help can not be found buy natural methods but super natural ones. God is my strength and my salvation. On my knees is where my help comes. He will give me the peace I need to cope. He will give me strength when I need it most. He will fight the battles I cannot fight and he gives me the victory before I even know the outcome. I enter into each new trial with a greater understanding of his ability to get me through. Just as James1:2-4 says you will be more patient with, more tolerable with, the blows in life the more you allow God to get you through. It's just like a fighter he has to first learn to take a hit and keep going, He must learn endurance, he must learn to block and move fast, bobbing and weaving to avoid a punch. But most importantly he must learn his opponents tactics and  believe with all his heart he can WIN! That doesn't happen after just one fight. That takes years of training and building up of strength and confidence in his ability. So it is with a Christian believer Faith is built over time and we overcome by our testimony. Each trial that we overcome is a stepping stone to the next and we are transformed by it's blows into a prize fighter for Christ.Our testimony will make it just a little easier for others to get through their own training ring thus we carry each others burdens and live to fight another day.(Galatians 6:1-2)
by Virginia Toussaint
For more on this subject check a Teaching By T.D. Jakes "You can recover from a fall" http://www.lightsource.com/ministry/the-potters-house/

No comments:

Post a Comment